The Appraisal Foundation announced a Webinar on March 16, 2011, at 1:00p (ET) on Fair Value and Financial Reporting issues for appraisers.
The cost is $20 and you can register here.
Discussion will focus on the following:
- An orientation for participants on how the accounting standards are relevant to appraisers and their practice
- The definition of fair value.
- The roles of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB).
- An update on the current status of US accounting standards and the timeline for convergence.
- The current requirements for valuers under financial reporting standards.
- The various valuation disciplines which are involved in financial reporting and how they interact.
- Practical examples to illustrate financial reporting valuations and how they can be applied in professional valuation practice.
Scheduled presenters on the webinar include:
- David Wilkes, Partner, Huff Wilkes Attorneys and Immediate Past Chair of The Appraisal Foundation, Tarrytown, New York
- Robert Schlegel, International President, American Society of Appraisers, and Principal, Houlihan Valuation Advisors, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Anthony Aaron, Americas Leader, Quality and Risk Management, Valuation and Business Modeling,
Ernst & Young LLP, McLean, Virginia, and
- Don Dorchester, Senior Managing Director, Dispute Analysis-Litigation Support, Financial Reporting, Valuation & Advisory, Cushman & Wakefield, Prescott, Arizona.