The Appraisal Practices Board (APB) of The Appraisal Foundation is seeking valuation professionals for a national talent pool to serve as a resource to the Board as it develops future voluntary guidance on generally recognized valuation methods and techniques.
Under the direction of the APB, those chosen as subject matter experts will research recognized texts, journals, articles, educational offerings and other resources in order to provide voluntary guidance on emerging or complex issues. Subject matter experts are not compensated for their time but are recognized in all guidance issued by the APB, which are known as Valuation Advisories. Examples of adopted Valuation Advisories include:
- Identification of Contributory Assets and Calculation of Economic Rents
- Adjusting Comparable Sales for Seller Concessions
- Residential Appraising in a Declining Market
- Identifying Comparable Properties
- Identifying Comparable Properties in Automated Valuation Models for Mass Appraisal
Topics currently under consideration by the APB include:
- Collection and Verification of Sales Data
- The Valuation of Customer-Related Assets (Business Valuation)
- The Valuation of Green Buildings:
- Background and Core Competency
- Residential Green Buildings
- Non-Residential Green Buildings
- Market Participant Acquisition Premiums (Control Premiums) (Business Valuation)
- Contingent Consideration (Business Valuation)
If you are willing to share your expertise, be part of a broader conversation, and receive recognition for your contributions, click here for an application.
Questions? Please contact Staci Steward, Practices Board Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.624.3052) with questions or if you would like additional information.